Herbed Chicken with Couscous and Escarole
- 1 yellow onion
- fresh thyme sprigs
- fresh sage sprigs
- 12-14 oz head escarole
- 4 bone in skin on chicken thigh
- 8 oz chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ cup couscous
- olive oil
- coarse salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Prep ingredients
Preheat oven to 425°F. Halve, peel then finely chop onion. Remove herb leaves from stems and finely chop. Remove stem end from escarole and cut leaves crosswise into 2 inch strips. Wash and dry leaves well.
- Mix chicken: Cut off any excess fat or skin from chicken. Toss together chicken, onion and herbs. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and toss to combine. Season with 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of black pepper.
- Bake: Place chicken mixture in an oven proof skillet or baking dish, spreading chicken out in a single layer, making sure chicken is skin side up. Bake 15 minutes.
- Cook escarole: Meanwhile, add escarole to a rimmed baking sheet. Toss with 2 tablespoons oil, ¾ teaspoon salt and a few grinds of pepper. Place on rack underneath chicken and roast until wilted and browned, about 15 minutes.
- Add liquids: Add broth and vinegar to the chicken skillet and continue cooking until meat is cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Add couscous: When cooked, remove chicken from skillet and sprinkle couscous over the broth. Let sit until couscous is cooked, about 5 minutes. Serve couscous with chicken and escarole. Enjoy!
Recipe from blog.marleyspoon.com