Kale Salad with Cranberries & Almonds
- 1 head of kale
- 1 ½ tablespoon grapeseed or olive oil
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- ¾ cup slivered almonds
- Salt & pepper
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Wash & dry your kale.
- Slice the green leaves from the stems. Discard the stems. Chop kale into bite sized pieces , place in large bowl.
- Drizzle 1 ½ tablespoons oil over the kale & massage kale for 60-90 seconds, season with salt & pepper.
- In a lidded jar, combine the vinaigrette ingredients – vinegar, oil, lemon juice, salt, pepper & sugar. Shake till emulsified, set aside.
- Take massaged kale, add cranberries, carrots & almonds. Drizzle with vinaigrette and toss well.