Sweet Acorn Squash
- 1 acorn squash
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Put each squash in the microwave. Heat for 1 and 1/2 minutes on high. This will soften the squash, and make it easier to cut.
- Cut each squash in half. Remove the seeds and loosen fibers in the middle.
- Place the squash on an ungreased baking pan. The cut side of the squash should be face-up, and the uncut part of the squash should touch the pan.
- Pour 2 tablespoons of juice into each half of the squash. Spread it evenly on the inside of each squash.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 45 minutes, until tender.
- Season with cinnamon and nutmeg, and serve.
Recipe from the USDA What’s Cooking website/Recipes for Healthy Kids Cookbook for Homes
Photo credit to The Pioneer Woman Blog: thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/delicious-baked