Watermelon Radish & Orange Salad
- 1 shallot or ½ small red onion
- 2-3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- 2-3 watermelon radishes
- 2- 3 oranges, clementines, grapefruit, etc.
- A handful of walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Goat cheese to taste
- Chives (optional)
- olive oil to taste
- Mince shallot. Place in small bowl. Cover with 2 to 3 tablespoons of vinegar. Add a pinch of salt.
- Cut off end of radish. Thinly slice on a mandolin or with a chef’s knife. Arrange radish slices on a platter.
- Cut off each end of orange. Squeeze each over radishes, then discard. Use sharp knife to remove skin from 2 oranges and slice. Scatter oranges over the radish slices.
- Scatter walnuts and goat cheese to taste over the radishes and oranges. Pour macerated shallots and vinegar over top. Drizzle olive oil to taste over top. Scatter chives if using.
- Let sit 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Recipe adapted from Alexandracooks.com.