Whole Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 Whole cauliflower head (about 2 pounds)
- ½ cup (or more) extra virgin olive oil or melted butter
- Kosher salt
1. Pairing knife
2. Cutting board
3. 8-inch Cast iron skillet
4. Aluminum foil
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit & place a rack in the middle position. Trim away the leaves at the bottom of the cauliflower head. Carefully cut off & remove the stem & tough core.
2. Rinse & pat dry the trimmed cauliflower head. Then drizzle olive oil or melted butter all over it.
3. With your hands, rub the oil on the surface (both top & bottom) until the cauliflower is well coated.
4. Season both sides of the cauliflower with salt. Place cauliflower florets-side up on a cast iron skillet.
5. Place the skillet on the middle rack in the oven. Cook for 30 minutes, covered.
6. After 30 minutes of baking, remove the foil from the skillet & roast for an additional hour. Once the cauliflower is golden brown on the outside & tender on the inside, take it out of the oven. A knife should slide in & out without any resistance.
(adapted from nomnopaleo.com)